Wood wicks are notoriously a little bit trickier than cotton wick candles. However, the benefits certainly outweigh the challenges! The flicker, the crackling sound and the ambience is something you won't want to miss out on!
Here are just some of the reasons we love wood wicks:
1. Long-lasting burn: Wood wicks can burn for longer periods of time than traditional cotton wicks, which means less frequent replacement.
7. Aesthetic appeal: Wood wicks add a unique and rustic touch to your candle, adding a natural appeal to your decor.
Wood Wick Care
- For best results, keep your wood wick trimmed to 1/8" before each burn
- Keep in mind that it is completely normal for wood wick flames to vary from seemingly extinguished with tiny flame, to a flame that is 1.5 inches tall
- In between burns, pinch or trim off the majority of the charred wood (some left is okay, but the closer to the fresh wood, the better!)
- If the wick becomes too short, scrape away enough wax around the wick to make the wick about 1/8" tall
- If you think the melted wax might be affecting or extinguishing your flame, DO NOT pour out the wax. This will only cause your candle to tunnel which might extinguish your wick even further. Instead, use a small piece of paper towel or cloth to absorb small amounts of wax, which will allow your flame to be higher.
- If the problem persists, please feel free to contact us and we can assist you further!
Please note: We will not offer refunds or exchanges on previously lit wood wick candles for any reason. If you are struggling with your wood wick in any way, please contact us so we can assist you further.
- For cotton wicks, always make sure the wick is trimmed to 1/4" for the cleanest burn and longest burn time
- Always allow enough time for the wax to melt completely to the edges of the container to prevent tunnelling (about 3 hours)
- Never leave a burning candle unattended; be sure to extinguish a candle before leaving the room
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets
- Avoid burning your candle for more than 4 hours at a time
Place candle on a stable, heat resistant surface and away from any flammable objects before lighting.